Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Help with foreshortened horse poses?

:iconninacoelho:
NinaCoelho Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
(I'm extremely sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum, it is a little confusing for me, but I think it's right)

I've been doing research for DAYS on horses: tutorials, picture references, anatomy; I'm working on a digital painting, and still, I can't seem to draw the pose of the horse correctly.

The horse I'm trying to draw is actually a flying pegasus, and I'm having a lot of difficulty finding the perfect pose.
Do you have any suggestions on that? Do you know a deviant who could help me, who would be willing to see the WIP and comment on it?

Thank you in advance!

(sorry if there are grammar mistakes, I tried to write the best way I could, but english is not my first language xD)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

If you post a thumbnail in the Deviation thumbshares forum, you might find someone who will do a "red line drawing" or "sketch over" to help you find that pose.

deviation thumbshares: [link]
FAQ #511: How do I post thumbnails of my art on the Chat Network or Forums?

Aside from that, it sounds like you are doing everything right.
The best way to draw realistic horses is to study real horses or pictures of horses and draw them in many different poses. Doing all of those drawings will help to train your mind to understand the shape of the horse and how horse skin and muscles and bones and joints connect and move. After many drawings you can start to create believable poses based on the knowledge that is in your mind.
That sounds interesting! Thank you very much! : )
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You could try looking for 3D horse figurines that you can then place in the desired position. The best ones would be the collectible kind, which are usually very anatomical. I have bought one of them and they came in hand for some of my work. [link] [link]
thank you! ^^
Add a Comment: