December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Which tablet should I buy?

:iconpamandab:
pamandab Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi guys!♥
I'm planning to buy a drawing tablet, but I have no idea which one to buy. I've notices that it's a lot of threads about this, but i'll take the liberty to create my own. I have never done any digital art befor, so i need one for beginners, but I want a decent one that I could use for a while after I have improved, but I don't need a super fancy one. It can't bee to complicated to use, my computer and I don't always get along:hmm:
So, what would you recomend for me?
Thanks in andvance for all responses, I really appreciate it!
------
Sorry about my awful English

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxadrea:
Xadrea Dec 13, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I got a tablet from amazon for $20 and it does me good. You don't have to spend a fortune on one to make good work :D
:iconkrystal-j:
Krystal-J Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i would def recomend the wacom bamboo i recently got one for 40 on amazon and its amasing, i dont even think ill need to upgrade.
:iconochanotsuki:
ochanotsuki Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Check out www.monoprice.com for cheap, but extremely functional tablets. I got mine for $70 and it has all the same features and sensitivity of a $400 dollar wacom tablet. If you're not used to drawing on a tablet, I always recommend it since it's not a huge investment, but it'll see you through with all the necessities. Plus, it's a simple installation, and you can generally just plug it in and go, so that's awesome. ^_^ As far as I've seen, almost all the people that buy it (including myself) are really happy with the product. Everyone always recommends the expensive wacom tablets, so this is just me suggesting something more affordable and, IMO, just as good. ^_^ Hope that helped!
pamandab Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks, I'll check it out!:D
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Dec 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

One thing that can be helpful is to go on ebay or amazon.com and read the customer reviews. You can read opinions from all different types of users.

For example there are 373 reviews for the wacom Bamboo splash on this page: [link]

If you aren't sure how serious you are about getting one, you can usually find inexpensive used tablets on ebay.
Thanks!:hug:
:iconfeel-like-fame:
feel-like-fame Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Get something Bamboo, they're amazing.
I have considered that, and its most likely what I'll end up with!:)
:iconachipps:
achipps Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The tablet for beginners is call the mouse. It is also used by professionals for a long time. I always use a mouse.

The tablet don't replace the pencil. One of the other things people talk about is scanning drawings, because that is the better way to get line art when they can't draw them with a mouse or a tablet.

Just because asked what is the best tablet, that is what you are going to get.

After you get a tablet, it will be a good idea to put the mouse away and never use it again, because there will be times when you feel you the mouse is better. Using the mouse just makes it take longer to learn how to use the tablet.
Thanks!:D
Add a Comment: