December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Getting started with 3dsmax

:iconnudgii:
Nudgii Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Hi people :)

Can you refer me to some good BEGINNER tutorials for 3ds max?

Because I can't seem to find a simple tutorial either it's an advanced tutorial or the author starts out by saying that he expects that you have some small knowledge about the program... I just want a tutorial for someone who just picked up the program for the first time :)

Thanks in advance

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshadowyeclipse:
ShadowyEclipse Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
[link]

This guy has a couple good tutorials, even though the main program is Maya. From what I've heard, 3DS max and Maya are actually quite similar.

Also, this place has good tutorials:
[link]

And one more link that might be good to check out:
[link]

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
go take some 3d modeling classes imo
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A few years ago I wanted to learn how to use 3ds Max. I remember watching this guy's tutorials [link] on youtube. I learned the basics after a few videos. I became uninterested in modeling after that. I took a class in architecture a while later where we used Autocad (basically the architect's version of 3ds max) and was familiar with the interface so it helped. I can still go to either version and understand the basics enough to model simple concepts for people, and I can fully model houses on the architect's version.
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I thought the start screen had a list of tools and shows you how to move around in the program. If not, right click and learn to get around and maneuver the screen and getting to materials. The basic stuff. Once you know how to get around and where things are then you will have the basic skills.
:iconnudgii:
Nudgii Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the links :D Especially the cg tuts. It looks really good at first sight
:iconknozos:
knozos Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Vimeo is always a good resource for quality tutorials for all levels [link] just search for begginer level stuff and you will find something, also Autodesk is constantly releasing seminars, workshops and tutorials for their software [link] so you better stay tuned to their stuff. And lats but not least CG Tuts+ [link] .
Add a Comment: