Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

College's?

:iconnoleetida:
Noleetida Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
So i wanna say sorry for posting another college question but i read threw a few (gathering more then 20). I hope you don't mind me re-posting a question or asking for help on this matter.

Ok so i have looked through maybe 10-20 college's an there academics. My problem is that the academics kinda... well.. confuse me.

I love learning about art, every day of my life i at least learn hours worth of the stuff. Yet i still find my self a novice in certain places (color theory etc.)

The academic (program) i think that i would rather like to go to is drawing related. Sculpture is ok i make clay items, painting on canvas im kinda... well i suck at it. I don't know all brushes an there benefits. Drawing i absolutely love. Digital Drawing i tend to lose myself in an definitely want to get better in. Noticing all the different parts of the human body an how they effect every other part an just how to put more detail into it (also with backgrounds an just any item) i really enjoy learning.

So i guess what im asking is, what exactly would this program be? Or what colleges would have this program?

(Note i generally prefer a locationg near Pennsylvania or in Arizona)

Also any questions please ask :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontreelifedragon:
TreelifeDragon Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
As far as Art Collages go I know people who go to AI which has locations all across America. They love it there and they seem to be getting a really good education.
:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
You might have to look into trade schools, like the art institute or art centers . You initially have drawing classes, color theory, perspective drawing,anatomy ect. They do teach a lot of photoshop classes and matte painting, But then youll go into 3d and then be focusing on that. So finding a place and program that has exactly what your wanting. IF your not wanting to do 3d then dont get into game art and design or animation. You need to think of a goal of where you would like to be in the future. What do you want to do?? Find a school that offers what your looking for, dont get into any programs that your not feeling. School is a big investment make sure you shop for the right school. And watch out for those people from schools, they have the gift of gab and are like car salesmen. I would honestly talk to students when you do a tour. Faculty at schools will BS you sometimes, students wont.
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just pick a college you would like to go to, and search for the classes or courses they offer.

If you want to be a better artist any art class will help.
If you want digital art then add a Photoshop class to that art class.

I know this will not help you find a college,but I just hope you are looking for your skills in the right place.
Getting down to the basics of art, you need wisdom.
If you depend on anyone then you can't do what it takes to be creative. Ideas are created because you know what you want, and you make sure you get it. People will only get in your way or distract you.
You need to set goals and say this is what I want to achieve next, and focus on nothing else until you can do it.
Keep track of what you can and can't do so you can fix that problem.
When you see something that is too advanced then save it for later, and pick something easier to learn.
Cheer for every little improvement, and be proud because you earned it.
If you try too hard too fast, you might not see your improvements, and that is depressing.
Never set your quality. If you have a quality standard it can tell you if you can draw then quit. Your art never needs a standard, it just need a process. You start with an idea, draw a sketch, improve the sketch until it looks perfect, then fill in the colors, add the shades, then the lighting, and improve what you have and add the final details the look it over an fix what you can.
When you do that then you have a great quality because it is the result, and it should never control the art. If your result looks like crap then blame the process not the quality.
Noleetida Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I havent seen a "photoshop class"
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I looked at some of the classes at a college someone else mentioned and saw a Photoshop class.

I have one at the college I go to, because are already using Photoshop in design class.

Just pick a college and look through their website and see what classes they have.
Noleetida Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I have done that but must say I haven't seen a photoshop class o. o
achipps Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
From the News [link] at Bloomsburg University

Arts students are exhibiting two collections of work in the Old Science Lobby, "Text as Texture" and "Web Animation." The works were created in Computer Art Graphics and Intermediate Digital Art courses taught by Sue O'Donnell, art and art history. The works will be shown through March 16.
:iconthedancingzebra:
TheDancingZebra Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student General Artist
It depends on what you really want to do in the art field, Most schools usually will have a variety of classes that cover all the general bases such as sculpture, design, and drawing, then usually in your second or third year you branch off into a concentration and focus on it. This is based on my own experience being an art student, I am a graphic design Major and this is how the university I go runs their art program I cant really say if all schools run like this, but when I was doing research It sounded like they did. It all depends on what you want to do in the art field, and how you learn art skills the best, those factors help in choosing a school. Some of the really good schools are either art schools or have amazing art programs, do research and do campus tours, those really will help you in choosing the right school and program that you will love :)
Noleetida Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Thank you very much :)
:iconthedancingzebra:
TheDancingZebra Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student General Artist
your welcome :) choosing the right school can be hard, but you will know when you find the right one :) college is amazing! :)
Add a Comment: