Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

What canvas size do you use for your comics?

:iconstelloria:
Stelloria Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just wondering, but what canvas size do you all usually use when making comics? Also, the software I'm using is Paint Tool Sai.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
The canvas size depends on what you want it to print or display at. You should make it at least that size, larger is always better but make sure you can shrink it easily.

You DO need to use at least 300ppi resolution to draw and print (if you want to publish though a company, you need to check their requirements, many of them need 60ppi.), you can cut it to 72 to post online.
:iconmattchee:
mattchee Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Print dimensions at 600dpi.
:iconforevercty:
foreverCTY Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The one I'm working on right now is 600 dpi at 6x9 inches. I just have the extra dpi if I ever want to blow them up to a higher size for whatever reason.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Paper sizes at 300 or so DPI since I like that sort of stuff (Sai and most other gfx programs has a bunch of pre-set paper size canvases). If you ever want to print a landscape webcomic you could also do them in half pages ala Asterix. Two sideways A4's stacked ontop of one another is an A3. I think the same goes for US paper sizes but don't trust me on that since I usually do portrait format comics.
Add a Comment: