Closed to new replies
December 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

I don't what kind of job this would be?

:icontylorwestside:
tylorwestside Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Photographer
I am trying to get a trainee ship in design, I want to design advertisements like in magazines or what not. I would like to know the exact name of the type of job. The lady I am seeing about the trainee ship has no clue what kind of job that would be under but she thinks it would be under graphic design but I am under the impression that graphic design is usually done by hand.... If you could help me that would be awesome guys! and I'm not too smart so gimme a break ahaha

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Graphic is designed by hand in the way I have a computer. Some people I know are really big into the whole screen printing and letter pressing stuff but generally people don't layout design with paper no more.

Advertisement is more planning and strategy. Graphics is generally more based in devising images and interactions. So traditionally an advertiser would decide the company needs an awesome website or book and tell the graphic designer what they want. Graphic Designers can also work freelance and people will call them up to draw graphics, most magazines have an in-house graphic designer who makes their layouts and graphics. Illustrators draw stuff that a client wants them to tell. Theoretically a graphic designer can also know how to draw and offer illustration services, but it's a bonus. However to be honest, there are a lot of people who are combinations of two or three and as long as you can do it, you can do it, but it sounds like you're interested in graphic design.
You are so great, thank you so much. It just been kind of annoying because I didnt completely know what it was that i wanted I just knew the kind of things I wanted to do was designing advertisement. So thank you a bunch for that, plus I am new and not very good at this type of stuff :D
thank you heaps! :)
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012   Digital Artist
Graphic design. It is not usually done by hand.
I always thought it was like the art on that stylus pad. But thanks heaps!
Nope, that's art or illustration. Graphic design is magazines, posters, logos and things. :)
you are honestly the best! I have tried to google all this stuff, but it never really makes sense to me but i get it!
Really? I thought "What is graphic design" would be pretty easily googlable. :lol: Maybe it seems simple to me cos I studied it.
Yeah but also just with the advertisement design I don't know what job category that would go under.
It's all under graphic design. :)
Add a Comment: