Closed to new replies
December 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

digital art help!

:icontakkunzx:
TakkunZX Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
well see i got this awesome new computer but i never drew on it before. So my problem is can anyone help with me being good at drawing on it like any tips? what program best works? where could i find tutorials?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsparatik:
SPARATIK Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Digital Artist
anyone need help?
:iconmiasmic-mind:
miasmic-mind Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
:iconpauscorpi:
pauscorpi Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
frankly, I do all my work on Photoshop because:
1. it is just a tool, once you get used to it and customise your brush settings so you are comfortable with htem, the sky is the limit!
2. I need it's image -editing ability and can't be bothered to switch between programs.

That said, I recommended only if you are going to do some heavy-duty digital drawing/painting. If you are beginning and need something basic, just try out any of the free trials and see what program you feel most comfortable with it.

DA is full of good tips on digital , just check out the resources section. That is only for the digital aspect of it, though. No program will make you better at drawing. That you can only improve with practice, study and observation. Basically, practice and patience :)
:iconputeramujahidislam:
PuteraMujahidIslam Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For me, Paint Tool Sai is perfect if you have tablet. But if you don't have one, you can start with photoshop. I don't have tablet yet, so I'm using Photoshop.

The best tool in photoshop is Pen Tool... =) I'm using only mouse and laptop pad mouse, you can see the result of my arts. Even though they aren't so beautiful, yet I'm learning. So, in my opinion. Every person have their expertise. Try using Photoshop first, if you have any question on the use of it, you can ask me. I'm glad to help you my friend =)
TakkunZX Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
yay thank you i need all the help i could get :D
:iconputeramujahidislam:
PuteraMujahidIslam Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Send "note" to me about your question if you have one =) alright? I'm always ready to help you.
:iconi-kill-u-in-ur-sleep:
I-kill-u-in-ur-sleep Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
In my opinion paint tool sai is the best, I mean photoshop is best for just like editing your work, while on sai you can actually draw and have more tools to deal specifically with it. :D I hope this helps~ If you have naymore questions for me just ask! :iconbrohugplz:
:iconi-kill-u-in-ur-sleep:
I-kill-u-in-ur-sleep Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
In my opinion paint tool sai is the best, I mean photoshop is best for just like editing your work, while on sai you can actually draw and have more tools to deal specifically with it. :D I hope this helps~ If you have naymore questions for me just ask! :iconbrohugplz:
:iconkalistina:
kalistina Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Digital Artist
You seem to work a lot on paper; you might want to try mixed mediums (as in, digital art with traditional art elements (or the other way around but that's much rarer).

Most digital art programs allow you to import scans and to work on them (with color, for instance); it can be a good starting point to learn how to handle color (think of it as exercise).

Also, if you notice working with a mouse is too troublesome for what you have in mind (most likely if you go for digital drawing / digital painting), think of obtaining a pen tablet (the Wacom tablets are probably the best out there).
TakkunZX Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
thanks! i appreciate you taking the time to look at what i already have to give me some good advise but i think i see what your getting at like try a little tracing to get a good feel of the program im using also i already have the tablet part covered just needed some where to start thank you again. :D
Add a Comment: