Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

What canvas size do you draw your commissions?

:iconeleexir:
eLeexir Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Just wondering =O

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmiasmic-mind:
miasmic-mind Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
i tend to like 11x17 or 17x11 at 300 dpi and i'll crop it to whatever size i feel suits it best
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't do many commissions, and haven't done any in ages. I do have some free requests lined up though.

Regular Size: 300dpi and usually at least 10x10 inches, but usually at least 20 inches wide if I want to get them printed.
Commission Size: The same as Regular.
Free Requests: Vary. If I did them to try to improve something (in other words redraw it a million times until it's right) they're usually smaller and not very printable because I don't care to print them. 300dpi 4x5 inches. If I did them because I was bored and really liked the idea, I might make them bigger so I can print them.
:iconsjwebster:
SJWebster Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Typically, 7 inches x 11 inches
:icontakemakei:
TakemaKei Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
whatever size that i have been doing
currently 4k x 5k
:iconlaenri:
Laenri Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
I draw with 300dpi or higher and draw on 1.5k pixels by 1.5k pixels or higher. It depends on what ideas I have for the image the commissioner wants ^^
:iconnoodleboxtv:
NoodleboxTV Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
I think the size recommended for print that deviantart site pop-ups about print? 8.5 x 11 300 DPI?
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Its not the canvas I worry about. Its the DPI. And I use 300 DPI for everything~
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The same size I always draw my regular stuff. Unless otherwise requested. People buy commissions for reasons :B
Add a Comment: