Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

To all super creative people -> Help with artistic ideas please?

:iconpersephoenix:
Persephoenix Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
I have to do a piece of art and my theme is "smudge". Something that has some smudging. I'm drawing a blank as to what I can do with smudge X_X I have no inspiration for this :P Technically I could draw/do anything and just smudge it. But I'll do that as a last resort if I don't think of something better.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Muchly appreciated ~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxoxcuddlebugxox:
xoxcuddlebugxox Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
What about something to do with motion?
:icontrakeen:
trakeen Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Create an entirely realistic image (medium irrelevant) of someone else smudging.
:iconphanthom-art:
PhanThom-art Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
smudging is a great way to make realistic water rippling. hope this helps
:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I have no idea either. Maybe draw a greek-like temple thing and then ruthlessly destroy your painting by adding red paint and smudge like crazy (so the temple looks like it's destroyed and stuff...)

Perhaps these could be inspiring: [link] [link] [link]
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional General Artist
Do a "Mind Map"

Put the word in the middle of the page, and forget about doing drawings and art for a moment and just start writing things that smudge makes you think of, no matter how silly.

Then when you run out of ideas, sit back and reread what you've written and circle or highlight interesting thoughts. Then go from there :D

This can be done in less than half an hour, and will leave you with a million ideas, instead of getting bogged down in just one or two.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Filmographer
I'd create an entire image made purely with smudges. Like putting loads of charcoal/chalk on your fingers and doing it that way on a coloured piece of paper. Charcoal/chalks for tonal stuff, you know? Plus, they smudge better.
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
When I couldn't think of stuff to do for a theme, I think of what I want to draw, and then I try to think of ways to merge that with the theme. Not add smudges to the idea, like you said this is a last resort and usually looks bad, but actually merge the two ideas.

I'm fascinated by blood at this moment so with your theme I would paint smudged blood or something. A hand print, a hand, smudging blood on the wall.

A while back I was fascinated by strong light, I would have painted a person (a clear silhouette) standing on a city street and the whole city slowly turning into a fuzzy smudged mess.

So yeah, make the theme work for you.
:iconpersephoenix:
Persephoenix Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
That's a pretty good idea. I actually also had the idea of blood smudges and hand prints :D
:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe it was a bit of a common idea, but you can see what I'm getting at.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student General Artist
Maybe draw a cute kid absolutely covered in paint or chocolate or some other messy thing, sitting in the middle of a room that is also covered in said messy objected smudged on everything.
Add a Comment: