Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Paint tool SAI on Tablet PC. Sensitivity not working.

:iconnoticepart:
NoticePart Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a lenovo x220 tablet and want to use paint tool SAI but whatever I do I can't seem to get sensitivity working. It works fine in sketchbook pro.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconalantherobot:
AlanTheRobot Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm assuming this is a tablet pc and it's brand new? If you search for "Lenovo x220" or just "Lenovo and SAI Paint pressure problems" does anything come up? If nothing does I'd try to return it or start thinking about giving up SAI.

I had a Fujitsu tablet pc and I just could not get SAI to work with it. There were no reports or solutions to the problem online so I had to give SAI up while I owned it. Till this day I don't know what exactly was wrong with it. I suspect it has to do with SAI though so it makes it even less fixable.

Maybe somebody has experienced the same problem with a Lenovo but they've fixed it? I'd try searching the forums maybe.
NoticePart Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's weird because I've seen youtube videos (well like two) of someone with my tablet pc having sensitivity work in SAI. I did what they said and downloaded the update but I still can't seem to get it working. But I think it's possible.
AlanTheRobot Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Was it a lenovo though? That specific model? I had a previous tablet pc that worked just fine with SAI but it was neither a lenovo or a fujitsu.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? or the program? not just updating.
NoticePart Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
[link]
yeah it's super weird because it's working for this guy. I've tried all kinds of things
AlanTheRobot Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I have some last suggestions in order from easiest to hardest.

1. Look into Sai's setting, the pen pressure might be off or something like that. I haven't gone into the options in a long time, but the other day I heard there's a pen and a mouse mode.
2. Search for SAI pressure sensitivity problems, but do not add lenovo since we know it should work.
3. I don't know which drivers you tried installing. Try wacom's drivers but also try Thinkpad's wacom drivers (go to their site, go to the downloads/drivers, find your model, etc.) Sometimes they're different from wacom's more generic drivers. If neither work, try older version of the drivers if they're available.
4. Call Lenovo (Wacom will not be able to help. Lenovo just uses their hardware, and they set up everything, often with, like I said, custom drivers).

____ Harder Stuff, not suggested you try unless you know what you're doing... This is just what I attempted when that tablet of mine didn't work.___
4. Reinstall SAI. I'm not sure if it retains the activation or whatever from when you bought it or how hard it is to get back.
5. Install older versions of SAI.
4. Reinstall Windows. If you've never done this though... don't even think of trying. I've done this 10+ times. The first 2 went fine, 3rd I erased someone's hdd, and some later ones messed up minor features that I never got back.
Add a Comment: