Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012

Replies: 7

Wacom Intuos 5 questions

Nievesgirl Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hello, I bought a medium intuos 5 to use with my macbook bro. I am now finding my macbook can't handle CS5. It runs slow with textured brushes etc..

My question is I would like to get a desktop computer for my art, will the medium tablet work with a bigger screen ? I have a 15inch macbook ( I think I will double check this was my dad computer before he passed away )

Or do I have to buy the large tablet because of the screen difference ? I read some where about sizing your tablet to the screen size. ( I pray this is not true )

Thanks in advance

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

trakeen Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It will work but may not be ideal. If you buy a screen that is not 16x9 you will lose some of the area on the tablet because the aspect ratios are different. Try it and see. I used the smallest wacom sapphire for a while on a 24" screen it wasn't to bad. The intuos 5 (largest size) I bought was a huge step up.
GodOfBadWeather Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It'll work with any screen. Don't worry.
pauscorpi Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
The tablet maps to the screen size, so it will work with a bigger screen as well. You do not need a larger tablet. :)
NoodleboxP Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Isn't there precision mode too further not need larger tablets too?
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Disable OpenGL before doing anything else :B
Nievesgirl Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
What is GL sorry I am new to digital painting.

Thanks for the replies very helpful :)
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
OpenGL is something that helps with graphical things, like being able to rotate the canvas. A downside is that if your computer isn't as powerful, it makes photoshop lag.
Add a Comment: