Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Wacom Intuos 5 questions

:iconnievesgirl:
Nievesgirl Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hello, I bought a medium intuos 5 to use with my macbook bro. I am now finding my macbook can't handle CS5. It runs slow with textured brushes etc..

My question is I would like to get a desktop computer for my art, will the medium tablet work with a bigger screen ? I have a 15inch macbook ( I think I will double check this was my dad computer before he passed away )

Or do I have to buy the large tablet because of the screen difference ? I read some where about sizing your tablet to the screen size. ( I pray this is not true )

Thanks in advance

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontrakeen:
trakeen Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It will work but may not be ideal. If you buy a screen that is not 16x9 you will lose some of the area on the tablet because the aspect ratios are different. Try it and see. I used the smallest wacom sapphire for a while on a 24" screen it wasn't to bad. The intuos 5 (largest size) I bought was a huge step up.
:icongodofbadweather:
GodOfBadWeather Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It'll work with any screen. Don't worry.
:iconpauscorpi:
pauscorpi Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
The tablet maps to the screen size, so it will work with a bigger screen as well. You do not need a larger tablet. :)
:iconnoodleboxtv:
NoodleboxTV Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Isn't there precision mode too further not need larger tablets too?
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Disable OpenGL before doing anything else :B
:iconnievesgirl:
Nievesgirl Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
What is GL sorry I am new to digital painting.

Thanks for the replies very helpful :)
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
OpenGL is something that helps with graphical things, like being able to rotate the canvas. A downside is that if your computer isn't as powerful, it makes photoshop lag.
Add a Comment: