Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Do you like my art? How much would you pay for it? (in points)

:icongossamier:
Gossamier Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Do you like my art? How much would you pay for it? (in points) I really want to know what you guys think of my art! How many :points: would YOU buy my art for if you had a lot of :points:?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Nope.
:iconspawndon:
spawndon Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
nothing.
I'm like wtf does this guy/gal wanna do? all mixed stuff with half-assed efforts.
Gossamier Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
half-assed efforts??
I work VERY hard!
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To be blatantly honest: I wouldn't pay for it.
Your gallery doesn't show any consistency, so I wouldn't know what to expect. Aside from that, your work doesn't meet my standards of what I would pay for.
:iconstingray970:
stingray970 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Judging from what people would be willing to pay for my own art, I would probably say nothing.

It's hard to acquire any customers when the market is so heavily flooded with people who will do commissions for almost no gain in money or points. Especially because not all of them suck, and at any given point there is likely to be someone better than you who will do commissions for less.

At least until you get good enough to be desirable above the rest. Then it's just a matter of someone preferring (preference as opposed to someone being better, because you're both equally skilled at that point) your art over someone else's.
Thank you for your help! ^D^
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There's so much weird stuff in your gallery that I don't know if this is a serious request or not.
what do you mean weird? D: I am being VERY serious! Like if you look in some of my folders that are mostly digital art! I really want to know! I feel like no one likes my art and this is all just a waste of y time but I want to know what people REALLY think. :'(
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright then I shall be completely honest with you. Don't take it personal. (note that I only commission people who draw semirealism or close-to semirealism.)

I wouldn't pay anything for it. I'm extremely careful with whom and what I commission, would it be with points or real money. And I've never bought any commissions for real money so, heh, there you go.

But yeah, points? Nah. I wouldn't feel like it was worth it. I could've just drawn it better myself or asked someone who would do it for free. Most people aren't interested in commissioning in stick figures or pixel animations. Some do, of course, but I'm not one of them.
I don't do stick figures. And not all of my art is pixel art. But thank you for your help!
Add a Comment: