Details

Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Stroke help in Illustrator

:iconianquiksilver:
Imagine a quarter circle shape, or big quarter pie piece. My problem is if I increase the stroke of the object, it will start changing the shape of my object which I'd very much like to avoid. The problem is, if I increase the stroke to say, 60, then back to 0, it won't show the original shape but a distorted one. Could someone help? I have some experience with Illustrator and besides for a flaw in my design, I don't see what's causing this. Thank you very much for your time and concern!
Ian

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Nov 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
If your path is closed, then you can go to the "align stroke" portion of the stroke pane, and tell Illustrator to put the stroke inside of the path rather than along it. Or outside of it.

Though I'm not completely sure this is the problem you're having - you change the stroke to a high value, then change it back, and the underlying path is distorted? I've never had that happen in the decade I've been using Illustrator. What are you trying to accomplish here?
:icondangerous124:
DANgerous124 Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you don't want the shape of the object to change, you'll have to select the object and Expand it. If you don't expand the object and you try to resize it, the stroke will increase with it.
:icon5480093:
5480093 Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think you have to set the option off to remove the 'apply new brush stroke' in the appearance tab/section on illustrator.
Add a Comment: