Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Photoshop Ellipse Tool?

:iconstealthesenses:
StealTheSenses Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
So i recently did This yesterday. Though when using the ellipse tool i had to make individual layers for every circle. The reason i did this was because after lowering the opacity to 35% on each individual layer it would make the individual overlap look (circle on circle haha). When i tried making more than one circle on a layer and lower the opacity they would combine into one shape. Is there a way to make the shapes individual on one layer? Rasterizing them all and then merging was kind of tedious. Thanks

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstealthesenses:
StealTheSenses Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Using a brush i would have to change the size constantly. But thanks
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You should have three modes to use the tool in. There are three small buttons on the shape toobar. "Shape Layers", which makes each shape a layer. "Paths", which makes vector paths instead of shapes (you can after that do what you want with those shapes, stroke, fill, etc). The third just creates a filled circle shape. You can't however make them individual on one layer.

I think if you did it with a brush it would probably go smoother. You can even make your own one if you need larger, smoother circles.
Add a Comment: