November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Need opinions

:iconag555:
Ag555 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012   General Artist
Hello,

I am just wondering what people think of my work and if it is worth me moving onto digital? I have practised and really can't get the hang of the tablet but will keep trying if so. But I was thinking my drawing skills aren't really good enough to do digital work yet? Which is why I wanted people's opinions.

I seem to get better and then get worse, which is odd.

Any advice, opinions would be grateful.

Thanks

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I use a mouse, but if I said I use a tablet would that mean I know how to draw or is it my art you would need to see.

The reason why I asked that is because some people already are convinced only a tablet can make an artist great. But, the truth is any artist can be great using anything they have to work with. If you only have Mario Paint on a Super Nintendo you will do you best with pixel art. Windows Paint The same thing. It is just as much as the program you use as the tool you hold in your hand, so what makes a tablet make you thing professional digital artist.

I guess it will not take long to see there are thousands of great artist that only use a mouse, but after they were really good they decided to use their skills to get good with a tablet. I don't see why not, because they already have a strong desire to keep the standard of art they know look best and how to get it, so the tablet only makes it take longer to get anything done until they get good at using it.

So I'm sure a lot of great artist could tell you the same thing. You don't need a tablet. You have all you need but the skill and experience. When you have that and stay with it art can appear much quicker with a simple thought. Someone on a phone can tell you their idea, and while they are describing it you imagine and draw it just as quick as the imagination can create it.

You can be that fast with a mouse, but that would be at your peak when you know everything that helps make it easier.
Your canvas size, what you do first, and second. The order you follow to fill in an area you imagine you would use then draw and trim with almost not need to trim. That helps you work faster. But the most helpful is to have a great idea what everything looks like. You can't draw what you don't know, and sometimes that throws up a block that could lead to an artist block.

So keep your self free to imaging or do everything wrong, because fantasy is creative, and when it is fantasy it don't need to be right, it just needs to look good.

So get a good program and start using your mouse. It will take a while but you can learn th improve faster when you feel free to try anything.
:icondigitalisvitae:
DigitalisVitae Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
A tablet just adds another set of learning curves to the grand headache. I'd hold off, if you can stomache it, and join a life drawing session.
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,
Other peoples' opinions of your skill level have nothing to do with you being able to improve.

Like everyone's ability to improve, your ability to improve depends on your interest in art and willingness to work for hundreds and eventually thousands of hours to build your skills and experience.

If you want to learn just keep working.
Add a Comment: