Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

How much would you pay for my art?

:iconrainydaysahead:
RainyDaysAhead Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm thinking of opening up human commissions for the first time, but I would like some opinions- how much would you pay for my art? [Semi-Realistic Human, not pony art or anything else you might find in my gallery. xD]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Honestly?

It's not good enough to pay over $5

You can try the points market, but it's really crappy. I don't have enough experience there, but I've seen people complained because someone charged 200 freaking points. That's not even worth my morning Starbucks.
:iconspifmo:
Spifmo Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
probably about 5 bucks c:
RainyDaysAhead Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you for the feedback! n_n <3
:iconmarialamsa:
MariaLamsa Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I would pay about 50 points or 3-4$.. :-) I REALLY like your style but it sure need a lot of improvement. Especially the anatomy! But like I said, I like your style. ;)
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
ok, technically:
80 points = 1 USD

just so you know.
MariaLamsa Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh I remembered wrong than.. xD I thought it was like 10 points..
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hehe, understandable. :)
MariaLamsa Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A little bit embarrassing though.. ;)
RainyDaysAhead Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay, thank you for the feedback! c:
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I guess you are asking because you feel you need the money, or points to pay for membership. I am sure most people would just pay for your membership and not ask for anything, but if you want money that would be harder to get.
Lets say tou print something out and want to send it over seas. It is a high risk that what ever you send is going to get destroyed in shipping. I sent out prints and they were torn in half. so don't think they will get anything if you don't send money to sent it. Like in cardboard tubes like DA Prints sends out. It is a good chance they don't want to pay enough to ship it, or have it printed.

It takes a lot of points to sent your art to someone I don't think 100 points would be enough and that means you have to pay people to take your art if they can't pay enough.

I just think I would be a nice thing to think about but, you have to be really good to make it work the effort. I know I was more than good enough when I sold art to companies, and never letting anyone know my art was ever bad helped my art spread really fast, because I had no bad art.

Right now you are making a reputation as an artist, and if you are not ready you can only make it harder to get started later, because old post last forever, and unless you have to do more to make your art look good.
Add a Comment: