Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Fresh Paint bamboo draw pad.

:iconrayna23:
rayna23 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was hoping for some advice on making my painting look more natural. i am just starting out with nature painting, landscapes, and trying to make it look more natural, not blocky. Any tips?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconendave:
endave Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Keep painting...it only keep getting better.
thanks!
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I don't know about the program Fresh Paint, but you can blend a ton of colours to make up the sky; which can influence other objects in your scene. I'm not a good artist, but I think this picture can help you a bit. [link]
yes, I see! You know, I can open a blank canvas, do the sky, and then merge the two!
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yep! That's right! :D
:)
:iconmissleepify:
Missleepify Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Try to use a lot of colors. Instead of picking one color for the sky, pick a bunch, and they all don't have to be blue. Look at a lot of pictures that you like and sometimes practise thought painting of a reference, it gives you a good idea of how things look in real. Play with textures and several different brushes, simply don't limit yourself. You learn a lot through experimenting.
thank you! I realized I had forgotten about the sky after I had finished, and so just chose to have the base color of the canvas blue.
Add a Comment: