Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

I don't know what kind of tablet to get! Advice?

:iconlumipop:
LumiPop Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
I've wanted a tablet for a very long time, and my mother agreed to get me one for Christmas, but trying to find one is quite overwhelming! I told her I'd tell her what kind I wanted, but I don't even know, so I was hoping some of you lovely deviants could give me some advice?

I plan on using it mostly with paint tool SAI, I definitely want one that is pressure sensitive, and I'm not sure how much she's willing to spend, but I assume less than $200? :/

Recommendations? Please? >.<

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It depends a bit on how much you use it and what you're planning to do with them.
The Wacom Bamboo tablets are the best tablets for starting out. They're less expensive, and have lesser features than the other tablets, but are still very decent and fit for the average beginning artists.
The Wacom Intuos are more expensive. They have more features and highter accuracy, but are imo only worth the money if you're drawing a lot with them.

No matter what you do, always go for Wacom.
There are many other brands of tablets available, but I've never seen one match up against Wacom's quality.
LumiPop Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Wacom does seem to be the consensus. c:
I'll probably go with a bamboo.
Thank you for your input!
:iconbushwoolies:
Bushwoolies Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wacom intuos! Depending on how much you want to spend, you should pick a model from this range.
:iconbreathingpoison:
BreathingPoison Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I have a wacom intuos 4. It's my first tablet and I love it. <333 I have it for... 2 years? and It's still working fine. It's pressure sensitive, easy to use, and affordable (within the 100-200 dollar range). I use it with SAI and couldn't ask for anything better. XD I got it for Christmas too. We can be tablet buddies oh god //dies
My only issue with intuos is that I'd have to get the smallest one in order to afford it, and I feel like that might be a pain? Dx
being tablet buddings would be fun though. xD
:iconbreathingpoison:
BreathingPoison Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I have the small and it's a decent size. I work fine on it, It is my starter tablet. The tablet itself is as big as my lap. I like it. XD
I'll have to think about that then. o.o
:iconaurorapaws:
AuroraPaws Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a cheap 30 dollar tablet called Genius with a g-pen 560, if you are looking for cheap...(My older sister gave it to me, so I can't complain x3) However, if you want something good, I suggest wacom.
:icongreentofu:
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Get the Intuos 5 ( Small or medium ) I got my medium for 239 so you'll prolly find a small for cheaper.
LumiPop Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
thank you for your input~ I'll look into it.
Add a Comment: