Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

Why do people blame their mouse/trackpad?

:iconsilvercelestt777:
SilverCelestt777 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
As both a mouse and trackpad user, I really am wondering why people blame the quality of their art on what they use to draw it. Lately I have seen quite a few deviants blame the art quality on what they use to draw said art. I'm not saying I am a good artist, because I'm not. But why shove the blame on your mouse/trackpad?

P.S: This is not intended to be an offensive inquiry, and I am not dissing tablet users or mouse/trackpad users.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Tablet vs. mouse is like trying to hold your pencil the normal way vs. trying to hold it the way you would hold a calligraphy brush.
SilverCelestt777 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Hm.
:iconmisaera:
misaera Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hm?

Or if you play video games, it could be compared to playing FPS with a controller vs. with KB/Mouse.
I see.
:iconsamuelearl666:
SamuelEarl666 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist
I don't have a tablet at the moment and i am diabolically bad with a mouse. Just to show you here is a comparison between a random digital one and my only pencil drawing.
Mouse: [link] Pencil: [link]
Your art's cool. you arent bad with a mouse.
:iconsamuelearl666:
SamuelEarl666 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist
Thats nice to hear and thanks for the favs but i know i definitely have a long way to go before i get as good as some of the artists here.
Me too. I'm not nearly as good as the average dA artist. Ive got more of a ways to go than you though.
:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You can do everything you want with a mouse, just as with tablet, it's just a tool...
But when you try to have a natural feeling in your drawing mouse is just nightmarish, everything is slower, less precise, more difficult.
I simply can't imagine returning to a mouse for drawing on a computer.
SilverCelestt777 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Ah.
Add a Comment: