Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

Why do people blame their mouse/trackpad?

:iconsilvercelestt777:
As both a mouse and trackpad user, I really am wondering why people blame the quality of their art on what they use to draw it. Lately I have seen quite a few deviants blame the art quality on what they use to draw said art. I'm not saying I am a good artist, because I'm not. But why shove the blame on your mouse/trackpad?

P.S: This is not intended to be an offensive inquiry, and I am not dissing tablet users or mouse/trackpad users.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcharlottexxi:
CharlotteXXI Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Tablet vs. mouse is like trying to hold your pencil the normal way vs. trying to hold it the way you would hold a calligraphy brush.
:iconcharlottexxi:
CharlotteXXI Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hm?

Or if you play video games, it could be compared to playing FPS with a controller vs. with KB/Mouse.
:iconsamuelearl666:
I don't have a tablet at the moment and i am diabolically bad with a mouse. Just to show you here is a comparison between a random digital one and my only pencil drawing.
Mouse: [link] Pencil: [link]
Your art's cool. you arent bad with a mouse.
:iconsamuelearl666:
Thats nice to hear and thanks for the favs but i know i definitely have a long way to go before i get as good as some of the artists here.
Me too. I'm not nearly as good as the average dA artist. Ive got more of a ways to go than you though.
:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You can do everything you want with a mouse, just as with tablet, it's just a tool...
But when you try to have a natural feeling in your drawing mouse is just nightmarish, everything is slower, less precise, more difficult.
I simply can't imagine returning to a mouse for drawing on a computer.
Add a Comment: