Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

1px binary lines in Paint Tool Sai?

:iconiridescentstardust:
IridescentStardust Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hey! So I use Paint Tool Sai sometimes. I was wondering if it's even possible to get crisp, workable lines from the Curve Tool in 1px form?

The closest I can get is 0.7 brush size, with 2 Density, with the layer mode set to Binary Color.

Still, the lines come out missing a pixel here or there. If I bump up the density or brush size, they become too thick and blocky.

I'd really love to use the Curve tool for faster lining with pixel art and digital dolls, but it doesn't seem like Paint Tool Sai wants to play nice. Is there maybe a setting that might help force it to stay 1px width? Right now I don't even mind that Binary Mode forces it to be black and white, as long as I can get it 1px!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblazingbluey:
BlazingBluey Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I use the binary tool with the icon size 50x50
:iconsoniabane:
SoniaBane Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
You have to mess with the layer settings. There should be a setting called "Binary Color" under Mode.
:icongothicaammy:
GothicaAmmy Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ask TheUltimateAngel she used Sai to pixel in she can really help you out when it comes to pixel in it.
:iconmooveeluver:
mooveeluver Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Looks like these guys are hiring all kinds of artists.

A collaborative art website for creating and producing scripts...interesting

(www)moviesindeed(dot)(com)/hiring
:iconcerashekus:
Cerashekus Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
.. Binary tool is the only pixel tool on SAI ; v ;
:iconanimatedcatastrophe:
animatedCatastrophe Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd suggest paint.net! I rarely do pixel work, but when I do that's what I use, since it's got layers and, most importantly for me, I can use the arrow keys to move over one pixel. Its freeware, so perhaps give it a go? c:
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Use Gimp. :P

I'm so helpful.
:iconpygmynoodles:
pygmynoodles Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
I don't really know if it's possible. I just do my lines in Paint and then color the doll in SAI since the only way to have guaranteed 1px lines is to use the binary tool with a tablet. :V
:iconiridescentstardust:
IridescentStardust Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Dangit! I wish the curve tool in MSPaint wasn't so crazy to use @___@ *breaks down crying* How do you manage it with a tablet? I have a tablet that I don't use too often .__. I might try that out
:iconpygmynoodles:
pygmynoodles Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
It's actually got an algorithm to make it smooth, so it doesn't come out all nasty like the pencil tool in Paint. :'D
Add a Comment: