Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Animation Help

:iconamana07:
Amana07 Nov 20, 2012  Professional Photographer
Produced a quick animation in Photoshop CS5 as a bit of a test. Would love some critiques/advice on how to improve the quality. It's really, REALLY simple in terms of things with 3 blades of grass blowing in the wind. Added in a quickie background with a moon to add some effect instead of a white background. [link]

Unfortunately, the animation is 3mb in size which I guess is a no no since it takes a little time to load up.

Information:

17 frames
.07 delay per frame, except the ending two/three frames which are set to no delay (.00 seconds)
Have 3 to 4 extra shots between some frames to slow them down a bit more
Used shape vector images instead of raster images to maintain quality*

I'm currently stuck on the idea behind the "Do No Dispose" and "Dispose" settings when you right-click the frames. In all honesty, I have no idea what it means.

Any critiques, ideas, opinions, and such are greatly appreciated. Don't have the $$$, or desire atm, to experiment with Flash, so I have to stick with Photoshop right now to learn the basics. Also, I will be experimenting with the export video function of CS5. Still find it strange that one video turned out alright, but the file sizes was 205mb; however, another one I produced looked like crap with the file size being only 1.5mb. (Think it might be due to using shapes vs raster images. MORE TESTS TO PERFORM :( )

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconachipps:
achipps Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My first animation didn't take a lot of work, but it was a start. I actually drew more than one image for animating a candle. For my first animated drawing.

After that I did a lot of animation for websites.

I think any start is a good one. I hope you keep going and do a lot more. The only thing I can think of is this looks wider than it needs to be unless you want to animate the stars, and make a few sparkle.
:iconamana07:
Amana07 Nov 20, 2012  Professional Photographer
Thanks for the advice, and nice work on the frozen chains piece. I didn't realize how wide it was and did a quick crop of an image. The one thing I find perplexing is the conversion of AVI in Photoshop CS5. For some reason the shape objects I used in combination with motion Tweens done by Photoshop looked like crap. However, the rasterized images I used with the tweens done by photoshop worked out pretty well, but it was a B&W image so I really can't say anything tbh.

Hoping to work with Photoshop and convert the images into an AVI format to make a movie with Sony Vegas. Hardest thing I had to learn/relearn was 1 second can = 30frames at 29fps with few things going beyond that except Stop Motion Animation which can be up to 60 frames within 1 second.
:iconachipps:
achipps Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I paid $20 for Quicktime. So I can save files as an mp4 movie.

There definitely are a lot of frames to make a video last a while I think I watched a video someone did that lasted 30 minutes, and at 30 frames per second that was 54,000 images. They made it look like a character moving around in a game for the whole movie.
Add a Comment: