Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

any Corel Painter users out there who can give tips on the blender tools/ custom brushes?

:icontheparasiticbandaid:
TheParasiticBandaid Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Hello,

I'm still learning corel painter and have had a hard time with blending in the program. the Blender I like the most so far has been grainy water, but I'm wondering what blenders you use and why? does anybody know of good blenders that will get a really smooth gradient? or are there ways for me to modify the settings on the blenders to get a more predictable effect? I love Corel Painter and wan't to get better at it, but there's so many tools it is difficult to understand them all sometimes.

the other problem is I don't understand at all how to make custom brushes. I have Corel painter 12, have tried looking in their help index, and have tried tutorials on the internet. nothing is making sense to me regarding this custom brush business. Basically all I want to do is turn my watermark logo into a brush so that I don't need to shove it in photoshop for final touches all the time. I dont really understand the pattern making or how I would stamp a pattern either. (It wouldn't normally be a big deal, but my photoshop copy is for windows and I need parallels on the mac to run it. It's been buggy when i connect the tablet and i lose the ability to use the mouse and touch pad when tablet is connected to virtual pc so was hoping to find a way within corel painter to avoid the frustration.)

I've had the program for a little while but I'm still really new to pretty much all of it. any advice is appreciated :) ive found some cool tutorials but they don't always have exactly what I'm looking to understand.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconresident-bishounen:
Resident-Bishounen Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I mainly use "Grainy Water" or "Just Add Water" depending on whether or not I want paper texture to show.
I also like setting the resaturation on brushes to 0 - then no colour gets added and they act like blenders.
The photoshop technique of colour-picking an in-between colour and painting over it also works.

About creating custom brushes: It looks like this tutorial may do what you want.
[link]
TheParasiticBandaid Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
ive tried that resaturation setting with some of the brushes :D it was interesting effects i got! i think im going to have to make a huge corel file and do test streaks for all the brush types. just to get an idea of how they all do. thanks for the link too :)
:iconresident-bishounen:
Resident-Bishounen Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's the best way to do it.
:icongraeth-raltharn:
Graeth-Raltharn Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I use soft pastels and soft blender stump only; only thing I change i size.
ah I see :O do you do all those dragons in your recent pagebwith the pastels or or those done with a different program? I'm interested in seeing examples of your corel painter stuff :3 do you have maybe any WIPs or anything like that?
Aye. A lot of it, probably all of it, was painter at one point or another.
I've recently moved to PS because when working at 16000x10000 resolution and dozens of layers, painter takes like 15-20 mins to save at any time.
Luckily you can emulate painter brush settings in PS with tweaking and input from other users.
haha alright :3 painter never really has taken that long to save for me :O but then again ive never ever done such a high pixel account O.o. i have a new computer now that may be able to do it, but my old computer always would crash at that size lol
Yeah, I use an old tablet pc.

Wish I could get like a cintique for my new desktop
i had a basic pc laptop that couldnt go past 2 gig of ram... now i have a macbook with 4 cores and 8 gigs of ram. works pretty good compared to my old one. I'm curious to test the large files on it now lol. cintiq looks really awesome! but its so expensive X.x
Add a Comment: