Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Photoshop is playing tricks on me

:iconshmekldorf:
shmekldorf Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I don't know why or how, but when I opened up the "adjust sharpness" option under enhance and then it disappeared on me. Now Photoshop thinks it is open and it wont let me do anything. I can't even save as.
Any suggestions on how to fix this, or at least save before I close out and lose my work? Please and thank you!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Flagged as Spam
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Next time try hitting Esc. Occasionally I have dialog windows that appear in weird places, including offscreen, where they obviously can't be clicked. Sometimes Esc quits you out of that dialog and you can do things again. It's worth a try anyway.
Hey thanks, I'll try that next time. C:
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had some problems like that after I installed a new drive and set it up as the main work drive for Photoshop. It gave me problems with Poser cloth nodes. I just had to get another drive, because the Cavalier Blue drive didn't write everything correctly. Some file types were corrupt like Windows prefetch for programs.

I don't know if this applies to you, but it sounds like the corrupt files. With that problem caused by a drive there is no fix for it, but replace the drive.
From the sound of it Uninstalling Photoshop would not fix the problem unless you know how to delete everything Windows keeps after the program is uninstalled.

If it is a corrupt prefetch file all you need to do is delete it and lets Windows make a new one when you launch Photoshop again.
It is easy to find, Just go to the Windows folder and look for a folder call Prefetch. In that folder you should see a file with Photoshop name.

If it is the hard drive this will not change a thing if the drive can't write that file correctly.

After it is deleted it is like starting Photoshop up for the first time.
shmekldorf Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks for all your input, I think it was just a fluke or something. It hasn't happened since.
:iconmirakial:
MiraKial Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try "switching the user" so you can go to the user select screen - don't log out, just switch user (that is, if you have Windows 7). Then go back into your profile. That might iron out whatever kookiness happened.
Thanks, but I don't have windows 7. I ended up just quitting forcibly. Fortunately though not much data was lost. :D
:iconmirakial:
MiraKial Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh, ok. I'm glad it worked out ok :D
Add a Comment: