Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Please help! How do you blend your sketch?

:iconcolourmusician:
colourmusician Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi! :)

I'd like to know what "blending your sketch" means? I've seen it in several tutorial etc, but I've never really understood what it means. I've tried to search dA, and google it but I haven't found anything... I'd be very grateful if someone could explain how you do it to me :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpoopycookies:
PoopyCookies Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
PENIS
:iconartofrivana:
ArtOfRivana Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I set the sketch layer to multiply (or overlay) and/or paint over it to smooth/refine it.

(not sure if that answered your question lol)
Oh, I'll try that ^^ Thanks for the tip ;)
:iconartofrivana:
ArtOfRivana Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're welcome. Good luck!
:iconnamae-san:
Namae-san Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I see something like "blending sketch" firtst time, it would be helpful if you could link up these tutorials :XD: But right now all I can think of is blending the sketch with bg or just blending colors on your sketch(if you start up with colors as underpaint)...Dunno, i can only guess.
I don't remember what tutorials, unfortunately... But I'll try to look in my bookmarks, and see if I added any of them :) I think it might be what the artist is doing in this speedpaint (though I'm very unsure, and it goes by pretty fast): [link]
It begins about 1.50.
Well, and this is it hopefuly :) Pretty good method would be picking up colors from the lineart surrounding, and painting over it :) You'll hide the lineart and get a nice, painterly look ^^
Oh, I see ^^ Itried something similar before, but it didn't turn out very well. I think I now have figured out how to do it better though: I changed the colour of the sketch to one more similar to my colour scheme and then I blended it the way you said. Turned out way better, and much less messier than when I used black :D
Glad I could help :hug:
Yeah, thanks a lot for taking your time! :)
Add a Comment: