Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

Wobbly Lineart

:iconssu-chan:
Ssu-Chan Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
Whenever I lineart something, it seems a bit wobbly. Any advice?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondanielgee:
DanielGee Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you use photoshop, a good way is to sketch the lineart first, then trace over it using the "pen" tool. That helps alot getting good looking curved lines and straight ones.
Ssu-Chan Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Thanks!! :D:D
:iconpixie-emily:
Pixie-Emily Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I use Elements too! The best way I've found is when you are drawing the line art (make sue you have a sketch layer first), zoom in are far as you can. This Tutorial is really helpful too (It says it a coloring tut, but she shows you how she does her lines too).

[link]

Hope this helps!
Ssu-Chan Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Thank you!! :D :D :hug:
:iconpixie-emily:
Pixie-Emily Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
No Problem! :D
Ssu-Chan Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student General Artist
:D :D
:iconkila-ibyao:
kila-ibyao Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I use to use Photoshop elements as well and had the same issue. Not too long ago I switched to CS 4 and no longer have that issue. I would recommend if you cant afford to buy a new program that you try using higher dpi as well as a larger canvas. Once you finish your line art, you can scale it down.
Ssu-Chan Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student General Artist
Thank you!! :D :D
:iconkila-ibyao:
kila-ibyao Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
It won't stop the wobble but when scaled down, it is less noticeable.
:iconim-promptu:
im-promptu Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What program are you using? PaintTool SAI has a really good stabiliser that gives much smoother lines, but if you're looking for a free alternative, I suggest FireAlpaca, it's free and the stabiliser works as well as SAI's. :D
Another option to consider is using no lineart. When I just started digital art my lineart was super sloppy (you can't imagine...) so I did lots of lineless drawings, it took the stress off having to make a meticulous lineart, and it still looks pretty good (: My lineart's gotten much better (it actually doesn't hurt to look at it anymore) but I still prefer lineless because it's so hard to make super clean lineart OTL
Add a Comment: