Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Blender Help Please

:iconwere-wolf-101:
Were-wolf-101 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Im just starting to use Blender, and was following a tutorial:

[link] <-- youtube

But my glass has a rippled effect, can someone take a look at the file and see what i've done wrong?

[link] <-- blend file

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrsflight01:
rsflight01 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Are there meant to be so many layers of glass on the inside of each glass? Obviously the two main ones are meant to be there, but if you select any face in edit mode and delete it you will see there is another face in the same place as the one you deleted. This can be fixed by selecting everything in edit mode ('A') and then clicking Remove Doubles (in the Mesh Tools panel to the left). You may then need to recalculate the normals too. I did this and it removed the ripple effect, but it also made the lighting interact a bit differently with the glasses (this could be fixed by adding more layers of glass close to the existing ones, but not on them as it currently is? Haven't tested that yet).

I can upload a .blend if you would like?
Were-wolf-101 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
its okay now, i redid the wineglass from scratch and somehow its fixed.. now idea what i did last time :/
:iconrsflight01:
rsflight01 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Hmm odd. At least it's working now. Good luck with your future work in Blender :D
ikr.. ah well ^^ thankyou! only able to do simple stuff at the moment but loving it
i have no idea about the layers, haven't been using blender long. if you could upload it that would be a big help :)
Add a Comment: