Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

glitch art

:iconyoobski:
yoobski Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
an art form that is so truly digital that it is actually composed out of algorithmically processed pixels, breaking apart the thin boundaries between art and math?

or a cheap and quick art style based around taking an already beautiful image and then twisting it artificially to produce a horrid pixelated mess that holds no deeper value than poorly made photographs hastily tweaked with photoshop filters?

discuss.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconyoobski:
yoobski Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yes! glitches are beautiful, especially the kinds that appear randomly.

also, every art form and pretty much everything on this green earth is subjective, but that doesn't mean that you can't hold an opinion about it! what i'm asking here is if you simply like it.

stalkingmeat kinda likes it.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
My copy of Kirby: Dream Collection glitched out the other day.... It was so beautiful....
Should I have photographed and uploaded that?

(I'm being serious, it really was kind of beautiful. And we didn't lose our save or anything.)
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
The answer to any question saying "is this vast artistic field AN AWESOME THING or A SHITTY THING" is always "yes". Some people do really cool stuff. Some people just make a big mess. Some of the people making a big mess will go on to do cool stuff.
:iconstalkingmeat:
stalkingmeat Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Glitch art is kind of cool, but it also seems to be a little out of control. Of course you could find some ways to control it properly, but overall glitch can't really communicate anything other than madness and acid trips. At least that's how I perceive that.
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
An effect that some people find cool and apply to their art.
I mean, cutting paper is considered art, of course glitch is considered art as well. As long as some people find beauty in it, it's okay by me. :iconbowplz:

If it's done the right way, it's awesome. If not - it's not.
Add a Comment: