Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8
:icongirlonfire98:
GirlonFire98 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For Christmas my parents are buying me a drawing tablet, but we haven't decided which one to get. It for sure needs to be under $100, and we'll probably be buying it on Amazon.com. Any suggestions? I only just started doing digital art, so it doesn't need to be the best one out there, but I do want the best inexpensive one. I have looked at some Wacom tablets, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried these:
-Wacom Bamboo Connect Pen Tablet
[link]

-Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet
[link]

Thanks for reading!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongiovannyarce:
GiovannyArce Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Digital Artist
For starting, those are good but, if you want to care about your arm, try a medium one when you can. Medium gives you less pain in the arm (that is if you draw for HOURS). Good luck.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
Just about any tablet works, it all just depends on what you want it to do for you and your budget.

Some are better for photo manipulation, others for drawing, painting and digital artwork and these can range from $70 to $300 all depending on what u want and can afford.
:iconmuffinspider:
Muffinspider Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I don't have a wacom myself and I haven't tried out any of the ones suggested, and therefore I'm not going to recommend any of them. I'm too shattered to look at them properly at the moment. :)

I would suggest making sure that the active area is at least A6, although A5 is possibly better particularly if you have a large monitor. Mine's A6 and I don't have problem with it it's just that I tend to zoom in excessive amounts. XD
Stuff like the useable buttons is handy but not essential and I would guess the same with touch abilities.
Oh and if you happen to look at anything that's not Wacom, check that the pressure sensitivity is 1,024 levels because 512 is really bad. But to be honest I don't know why you would get something that isn't wacom because it’s really not worth it anymore. :D
:iconlemon1986:
lemon1986 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I hope your not judging the product based on their pressure levels!

you'll know what I mean when you watch this [link]
:iconmuffinspider:
Muffinspider Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Digital Artist
That’s interesting because I notice a definite difference between my tablet and a friend’s wacom, I think it was a bamboo fun.
Maybe mine’s just particularly bad, unless it's possibly related to the driver. Wouldn't know. :)
:iconlemon1986:
lemon1986 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
well there IS a difference actually, just not that you can't achive the same quality with a tablet with 256 pressure levels! I have both intuos5 (2048 pressure levels) and a tablet PC with 256 pressure levels which is just about %12 of what the intuos does!

of course you have more control with 2048 pressure levels but it's also easy to get along with any levels of pressure! one again I prove that pressure sensetivity doesn't really matter with this link! [link]
:iconocnalop:
ocnaloP Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
[link]
I would urge you to buy the one from the link I posted...its one of the best (along with the Bamboo Connect) in the lower price ranges...Plus its better than the ones in the link you posted...It has 4 usable buttons and 1000 + levels of sensitivity...Its super great and super cheap...You can check out some of my work to see what its capable off...I just bought mine about 3 months ago. Good Luck :)
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have the Bamboo connect. It works perfectly fine for digital art. :dummy:
Add a Comment: