Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

How do i make a shiemji?

:iconmo-the-half:
Mo-the-half Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
How do I make a shiemji? Those "desktop friends"?

D: Should I download GIMP [link] program, or is paint fine too?
Would love some instructions, thank you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvodkaffee:
vodkaffee Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist
Use a shimeji as a template, just edit the img by replacing your character
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

and many more, but only on Deviantart. I guess they don't exist anywhere else.
I put that word in " " and I was linked back to this forums.
shiemji is what I looked up but the only thing that actually looks for it is amazon.com
So, it is a work the search engines refuse to look up.

I just hate dictatorship.
I looked it up and it is a group of editable Japanese mushrooms. mintyfoodfanpage.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cogumelo-shimeji.jpg

It not like I am interested in half the thinks people look for or that a lot of what I need to look up is Japanese. I look thinks up and see people ask for American stuff that has a Japanese name. I can understand that because a long time ago everyone wanted to have an American Indian name.
Mother that gave birth to a baby just name it after the first thing they saw. If it was winter their kids could be called Yellow Snow. So it is nothing as great as some people like to think.
I think the same thing is happening with Japanese things, and names.

If you want to make mushrooms that is fine with me. You can learn a lot more if you look up Reishi Mushrooms. They grow in America but they are called a cure for everything.
:iconmo-the-half:
Mo-the-half Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
D: No, I saw that too. It's a typo. There's like, a one letter difference between the two.
:iconkiwiliko:
kiwiliko Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You just download one of the shimejis first.
It's got an engine with the file and there's a special image file with all the images like walk cycle or jump numbered in order.
You just draw out the images and replace the old ones with your new shimeji movement images. If you just keep the same image name it should work
for example if the original had a picture of someone jumping left and the picture was named image000.jpg
you'd just make a new picture of someone else jumping left and switch it with the original one under the same image000.jpg name.
Any art program works, they don't make engines for you usually to make new shimejis you just change it's appearance and keep the programming.
I hope this was helpful. ^^
:iconshininginthedarkness:
I'm going to go ahead and assume that the program you use to make the image isn't particularly important, just whatever you feel comfortable with.
Add a Comment: