Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Curse my unsteady hand!

:iconkittybabe45:
Kittybabe45 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
How do you make your hand move as if you're just drawing on paper? I just bought a tablet today and now I know why it takes some people forever on art, but I am practicing on one I didn't finish for coloring. For some reason my lines aren't following them straight (I'm using Art Rage right now since it was free.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnekonatsume:
NekoNatsume Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Fix the tablet pressure and other things that are included with the tablet. Depending on the quality of the tablet, the better the lines will be. If the tablet is working perfectly, then you only need practice.
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
You need to do a LOT more practice. One day is not even close to enough. It's more like you're learning to draw for the first time again and you need a few months, at least, to get a better hand on it. The first step to improve is to go back to the basics and just sketch. You're not ready to start making fully finished drawings and you should not start a drawing without sketching it out first. That's how most people end up with messed up proportions and such. And the sketching lots of things will help you a lot with that hand coordination problem.
:iconkyteglory:
KyteGlory Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
You just got your tablet today. It takes hundreds of hours of practise to work as easily with a tablet as with paper.
:iconteatori:
TeaTori Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I used to be like that too! :D My suggestions are that:

*PRACTICE
I swear, at my first try on tablets, it looked like some kid's drawing, but as you progress, even if just for hours, you'll get a hang of it soon! :D Just draw,draw,draww! :D

*Scan?
I never tried this option but i'm more comfortable with coloring with my tablet than drawing, weird, i know. However, try drawing your lineart on paper first then scan it then use it as your line art! :D

There's a tutorial here in DA that excellently explains how to turn your scanned LA to LA digitally :

[link]

Good luck! <3
Oh, thank you! This makes a lot more sense.
TeaTori Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
D'aww, no problem! If you want, i can help you along your way to drawing! :D I love helping people out ~
That would actually be very helpful. I may be unsure, but I'm willing to learn.
TeaTori Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
That's good! :D Once again, good luck to you! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :D
:icondeithmare:
Deithmare Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lines make it pretty difficult to get anything done. You can't catch the pony, so I suggest you stop trying.
Add a Comment: