Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Flash problem

:iconalexkuster:
AlexKuster Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012   Digital Artist
hey there! I was busy making my very first Flash project when I decided to send it over to a friend of mine. he wasn't really able to see the animation, because his PC nearly froze thanks to it. my animation has a poop load of PNGs attached to it, and is relatively large - 1000x500 (7 MB). even I was having issues testing it in a browser sometimes. whenever I'm trying to test it in Flash Pro, the animation stops at some point
I really hope some of you will be able to help me out with this - what should I do to make it playable on every PC?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlost-pariah:
Lost-Pariah Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
Does it have a preloader? Like loading bar etc, it could be that its not loading fully while hes watching/playing, and its catching up with itsself, if you could upload the Swf file somewhere Like "truploader" and send it to me, i may be able to help ~ Just may be a lil easyer if i can see the scale of the issues.
AlexKuster Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   Digital Artist
yes, it has a preloader, that wasn't the issue. I seem to have found a solution, now it doesn't stop in Flash Pro - shrinking the pixel size helped!
:iconlost-pariah:
Lost-Pariah Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Filmographer
Ahh i see, Awesome though :), glad youve mannaged to get it sorted ~

Laters :)
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Find some SWF optimizers.
thanks for the suggestion
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If it is huge you could make a video file out of it.
Flash can be faster than animated gif files because it runs like a movie while different computers will run the same gif file at different speeds, depending how fast the computer is.

That is why a flash movie file works better, but if the frame size is large even movies will take more video speed. More than 640px (high or wide) is large and you need to keep the size under that. Closer to 300px would be best. A FLV file is a good movie file and it will start playing while it is downloading. It needs a player, but you could upload it to Youtube.

If anyone needs a player that plays FLV files the Zoom Player works great. [link]
It will play anything.

I use FLV files on my website. I have a player that the script points to with the link to the video.
AlexKuster Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012   Digital Artist
sadly it's an interactive animation, so it's useless to me as a video. but I guess I could break it up into smaller sections. would that work?
:iconachipps:
achipps Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Shockwave makes a small internet file. SWF stands for Shockwave File, but it can also mean Small Web File. I remember cartoons, games, website buttons with a lot of things that are interactive, and If you use big images, or large files, you can see some of the distortion when Flash downgrades them into a smaller file.

If you are doing you animation is in a SWF file I don't have a clue what it is doing that can use a lot of computer to run it.
shrinking the pixel size seemed to work, I guess I just made the file a bit unstable by adding too many large PNGs...
:iconegypturnash:
egypturnash Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Export it as a video file, upload it to Youtube.
Add a Comment: