Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012

Replies: 7

Screaming in pain.. How to get used to paint tool sai work surface.

lolaandjane Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist

I have a genius tablet since october, I got used to make lines or coloring with it on SAI but astill have a HUGE problem... I can't get used to digital work surface. My computer screen is a 15" and I canot do big project with detailed stuff because the layer size is a bothering me.

Does anybody here can give me some tips to overtake that thing ^^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

lolaandjane Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
thank you for advice. I tried it last night but actually It feels more awkward with a piece of paper ^^ It didn't work with me
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Put a piece of paper on top. That will get you used to the surface.
Masa-Chan5320 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Just raise the resolution. I work at around 2000*1000 pixels(varies a lot though), with a resolution of 100-250.
lolaandjane Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm working on 3000*3500 px with 300dpi now, I began to be used to make smooth lines thank u for advice ^^
HMontes Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional General Artist
Like Puppy Dangerous said the zoom function is your friend. Work with a larger canvas. I have an Intuous 3 tablet with touch strips which I have set to the zoom function so I can zoom in and out of the image while I'm drawing. You can do the same with hot keys.
Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
You can't just make your canvas larger?

I do big canvasses, zoom out so I can see the whole page to do my layout/rough then zoom in to do details. Digital art shouldn't be subject to size restraints except the limit your computer can handle without slowing down.
lolaandjane Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ok thanks for the tip . In fact I'm working on 2000x1024 canvas, I guess it is not yet big enough next time I'll try a 5000xsomething one ^^
Add a Comment: