Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

I seem to forgot some inking essenitials

:iconjerrodp:
Jerrodp Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I seem to remember being able to use the pen tool(CS5)and make 1 line from 2 anchor points then make a fading path but now i'm having to make multiple points to make a line with definition? I really would like to scan, ink, and color my older paper sketches. Pleze hahlp!!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Jerrodp Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Alrighty with your help i'm already half way through inking!!! Check it out Please!
:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,

Select the brush that you are going to use to stroke the path, then view the brush preferences.

Find "Other Dynamics - Opacity Control". For a decreasing opacity Set it to “Fade” and then put in a number next to it. The number beside it represents the number of pixels that the brush will continue to paint for before it fades out completely.

or

FInd "Shape Dynamics - Size Control". For a decreasing brush size Set it to “Fade” and then put in a number next to it. The number beside it represents the number of pixels that the brush will continue to paint for before it shrinks out completely. "

Then use that brush to stroke your pen path.
Oh sorry for a long reply, THX for that info i just tried it and it worked well but I fiddled with the settings of the brush make\ing the fading tail with 300 length and 25% minimum diameter. Thanks for helping me and I hope this post helps others.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i dont know about using photoshop to ink i never liked that even though i have been using my wacom for 5 years but two programs i think work best are sketchbook pro and paint tool sai because they have vectors that allow you to even use a mouse if you want and you a curve tool with connected point to trace any lineart....here's what i mean [link] if you need the program go download it from piratebay.org
Hmm i've already got photoshop and would rather use that... :/
Add a Comment: