Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

how do you price your commissions???

:iconsparklingsary:
SparklingSary Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
points or money? the price is influenced by the time you spent creating the piece or by the complexity of used tecniques??

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnokari:
nokari Nov 8, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
1. Money. I would never do work for points that I couldn't use anywhere but here.

2. Cost of supplies and materials used + objective look at the amount you value your skills.
SparklingSary Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
ok you're right! Thank you! :aww:
:iconcabledrive:
CableDrive Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I would start with point commissions until you get really well known, once you are well know you can start charging real money and actually egt customers.
Thanks for answering! :aww:
:iconappledeer:
AppleDeer Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Currently I only offer point commissions because they're easier for me to do and usually when I charge real money, I do more complex commissions ^^;
I base my costs on time used and the level of complexity and multiple characters.
Maybe when I have more art I'll charge real money ^^;
Thank you !!! :aww:
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Nov 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I price in real money, because its not worth my time to be paid in something I can't use to feed me.

I generally weigh the options of its importance, ie, if its a small commission for someone for a present, not as much as something commercial. Then the complexity, how long will it take me, in honesty. I do usually underprice but not too terribly, I need commissions for practise, if anything.
Thanks for answering
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Nov 7, 2012  Student General Artist
I price in real currency (USD) but if people want to pay in points I just use the premium content system to get the equivalent amount of money. I price both on average time, and complexity. I never have set in stone prices either, I have rough estimates and then price commissions on a case by case basis. Prices also depend on if the piece is just for personal use or commercial use, and I charge a lot more for the commercial use ones.
Thank you! perfect answer! I would be happy if there were more deviant like you here in DA! :heart:
Add a Comment: