Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Bamboo Pen to Intuos - worth the jump?

:iconparkdaleart:
ParkdaleArt Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've been on a cheapo Bamboo Pen which I purchased for roughly 80USD and its been pretty great these past two years, but I'm giving the Intuos' series dreamy looks and I was wondering if it's actually worth shelling out about 380USD for one. Has anyone gone from a cheap tablet to one of the high end ones? was it worth it for you?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlightofdreamz:
I suggest the mono price 12 by 9 its only 90 dollars (pretty good for the size and 1024 pressure) and its got so many positive reviews. I do suggest buying the 10 dollar pen with it though because the one that it comes with kinda sucks.
:icondarthaislin:
DarthAislin Nov 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've had quite a few tablets, and I must say my personal favorite is actually the Bamboo Create. For the price, (150 USD) and the size ratio it's actually the best tablet I've ever owned.
ParkdaleArt Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wasn't aware of this one. Looks like a nicer compromise actually.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Nov 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
My last tablet was a bamboo and that was 40, it lasted me 4 years. When I spilt water on it I could have upgraded but I didn't, I don't think the tools will improve you as an artist, they're not going to be -that- much better, and if you can't draw you're not going to draw with a better tablet.

I think if you want too, sure, but don't justify it because its "high end".
Yeah see this is what I'm worried about. The only thing going for it is maybe a bit more pressure sensitivity and more working area but damn what a price difference.
:icontakemakei:
TakemaKei Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
definitely. I have been using a bamboo pen and touch, and it started to feel really small and limited. I just got the Intuos 5 medium, and its awesome. Good size, good pen, wider selection of nibs. Definitely worth it.
Thanks for the take. What's up with those nibs anyway?
differents nibs feel differently. some are rougher, which feels more like using a chalk to write on a blackboard. There is a smooth one which i like, and there is one with a spring, which makes it feel like a real brush. These are the ones i have in mine.
That actually sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for the info
you're welcome.

also the nibs worn out if u use it too much so you have to change them, if you do not know that already =) and it feels awful ><
Add a Comment: