Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Speed Painting

:iconpsychoticking:
PsychoticKing Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For all those speed painters out, do you recommend a certain brush to speed paint portraits or a brush in general you use for speed painting? (If there is a deviant who uploaded some good brushes can you link them to me? Thank you! (: ) Also is it good to be messy with speed painting or do you have to be neat? With my regular art, I try to aim for neatness, but can I just let go of that thought with speed painting? Thank you :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmaeocy:
Maeocy Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The idea of speedpainting is to get an idea across in the shortest amount of time but still be able to tell what it is. The focus is on the overall image not little details. The brushes you use do not matter. Depending on what you are trying to paint, texture brushes can speed up the process if used correctly. I would suggest having a look at Feng Zhu's website he has a really nice collection of tutorials that might interest you. :)
:iconzenarion:
zenarion Nov 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
With speedpainting, you aim for speed.
There are no shortcuts here either. Just use whatever brushes you got, and maximize your efficiency. It also helps to create some brushes yourself, if you need stuff that isn't included in your software package.
Add a Comment: