Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Speed of work

:iconbagam:
Bagam Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I started to use Cell shading because I really like how things come out with it.
But I can't help but notice that it takes me a very long time to finish my work using that method of coloring.

For example, this took me a day: [link]
Is it too long for a day? Or should I just practice with it untill I can implement it faster?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnyanyang:
NyaNyang Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
On your type... and drawing;
It usually takes less than a day, depending on your experience.

Try recording your process and watch it in a fastened version.
Haven't tried it before but I think it might help.

If it doesn't help, try working on smaller pieces.
Waist up or shoulder up type. c:
Keep practicing until you get used to your methods.

My apologize if you don't understand me but, I hope it helps.
:iconisho13:
Isho13 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's weird, I use cell shading when I want to do something quick, for me it's a faster method. :|
:iconsweetmonia:
SweetMonia Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
A day of work seems like too fast for me, making a colored picture takes about a week from me, but I only spend 1-2 hours a day working on them.
:iconbagam:
Bagam Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'll try out customizing my tools like you said but i'm just happy to hear it's standard to do that in a day. Because it seemed very slow to me. Thanks.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Use the reply button.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
That'd be about as fast as I could do something like that. All I can say about speeding things up would be to think about your work flow, and try to speed up the aspects of that process by customizing your tools, and changing the shortcuts for the processes and things you use the most to something that is simple and helps make thing faster for you. For instance, I like to use load selection a lot lately, so I gave it the shortcut ctrl+l which used to be levels, but I don't use levels that often, but I use load selection a lot, sped things up quite a bit. Tooling up your shortcuts will save you loads of time, just figure out what works for you and spend a day just customizing the workspace and everything in a way that is most efficient for you.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student General Artist
You could also try filtering the girls in the back to be a bit bluer.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student General Artist
That picture looks nice. They look well balanced and not so wonky as usual designs. The believabilty factor that its an anime is really good.

A day's work for character designs is about standard. Some though maybe a bit faster.

One thing that may change is probably the graphic design and how its presented. Im not sure if I like the giant shadow thing, since our focus is the character and as a general shape, we want to focus on the character and those shapes only. Be more simple. You can try like a grey background, white, black, an envoriment, a color thats opposite to the character, etc.

If you don't believe me, just do a google search on character designs and look at those that are colored.
Add a Comment: