Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Can anyone help me with this picture? I need to know how to make this effect?

:iconfpr1990:
fpr1990 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Hello everyone, I'll post a link of a picture that I need to know the effect used, or the name of the effect and how to make it on other portraits. Can anyone help me please? I've seen this effect lots of times, and I always wondered that was because of a good camera, but now I think is an effect. Has anyone any idea?

Here's the [link]

Thank you =)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfpr1990:
fpr1990 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Well, thanks to everyone, I really appreciated the help you've provided. To be more specific, the effect I'm talkng about, is the high definition klight that strikes the face, making able to see anything, the beard, the reflection in the eyes, the reflection of light on the hair. I can't really tell, but it's pretty different from any other picture taken from any common used cameras.
:iconarkazain:
arkazain Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm, what you might be looking for is a sort of "high clarity" effect, it's very simple to do in Camera Raw, so you could look into that I guess :)
:iconbizartistique:
Bizartistique Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
I think the question is what filter is used on the photo (cross-process/LOMO, antique, etc.) I don't know about the official names much, but it does look like a type of cross-processing. Check out some of these examples

[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
And a tutorial:
[link]
:iconkopuli:
Kopuli Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Looks kinda like the Dragan-effect.

Just google it up or search the youtube for tutorials.
:iconlodchen:
Lodchen Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Which effect do you mean? Maybe you should show us some other examples of what you mean :)
:iconquatre4:
Quatre4 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Student General Artist
Well, if my guess is correct. I'm guessing you're talking about the hue changes to the picture. From the looks of it, you aren't too familiar with photo editing. But in photoshop there's many ways to edit photos. From the looks of this they probably had a few duplicate different Hue layers. With a few layer effects. Aka they probably used overlay or something of that sort.

If you don't want to experiment yourself with these types of things, you can always take a shortcut and use photoshop "actions". Actions are a little tool in which there are already preloaded layer effects and such that change the outlook of your image. That's why its a shortcut, because someone else has done the work to use certain effects on images and layers and saved the procedure to use again. Check out some of the "actions" tutorials or downloadable stuff on this site. It's only for Photoshop if I'm not mistaken. But can be accomplished differently in other programs. Hope I helped, if that was your question.
:iconpokesis:
PokeSis Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Do you mean the grey background in the picture? :o I'm also not sure what effect you mean.
:iconarkazain:
arkazain Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, without the original image, it's hard to help, considering I can't even figure out what the effect even is :)
Add a Comment: