Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
May 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

What drawing tablet would be best for me?

:iconflazedaze:
FlazeDaze Featured By Owner May 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hi, I've been trying to draw digitally with a mouse and a laptop, but it's just so hard and frustrating and I was wondering what 'tablet' would be best for me to use?

I'm a beginner with drawing, I would only draw like Pokémon and Digimon etc with it; along with other cartoon/video game characters. So I wouldn't need a super expensive one which is for drawing like Da vinci. xD

I can do shading and everything else, so I don't want a totally o.t.t basic tablet. =x
My 'budget' (so to speak, because I'm just asking my parents for a reasonable price xD ) is Ł50-100. It can be lower, but not higher. =x

Anyway, if you think you know a tablet that is perfect for me, just reply. ^^ And thanks in advance. ~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmchectr:
mchectr Featured By Owner May 19, 2012
What good drawing tablet huh?
Check the specs first:
Pen Pressure
Active area
ASPECT RATIO (is your monitor a 4:3 or 16:9 or any other)
Resolution
Other perks
Then if you have high enough specs, you should buy that tablet.
The Wacom Intuos brand is a very good one, though it's costly.
While the Wacom Bamboo is less expensive, it, too is a logical choice.

........ Though I don't have any of the above Wacom products :/ but you should have. if you're planning to buy one.
FlazeDaze Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Do you guys think this one is OK?

[link]

Sorry if I'm being annoying... I just want to make sure I get the right thing. xD
:iconkirliss:
Kirliss Featured By Owner May 19, 2012
I wouldn't really recommend Genius. I've had two friends who have had Genius tablets, and they've both complained heaps about them. XD Yes, the size and cost might seem appealing, but the products don't seem like they're very good quality.

Wacom is much, much better. The Bamboo series is a nice start, but if you want a larger tablet then you can opt for the Intuos line. Intuos5 is the latest, but Intuos3 and Intuos4 will work well too. (I personally have a Bamboo Pen & Touch - been using it for almost exactly two years without any issues.)

Also, if you want to reply directly to someone, then hit the Reply button under their avatar rather than adding a comment at the bottom of the page. =]
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Two tips:
Aim for something that has same aspect ratio than your monitor (that's an absolute must).
Aim for tablet that is about the size of display or A4 paper. (Those two things are practically about the same size at me).
FlazeDaze Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Thanks for your replies! ^^

I looked up the Wacom Bamboo and it looks good, but it seems a little small... does anyone have any artwork in their galleries that they've made using the Wacom Bamboo that I could see? =p
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner May 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Everything in my gallery as done on a my Bamboo Fun.
:iconwindhydra:
WindHydra Featured By Owner May 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Saw some website recommending Monoprice tablet, it's larger than Bamboo but cheaper! (I got bamboo though)
:iconstormninjakapow:
StormNinjaKapow Featured By Owner May 17, 2012
Get a Wacom Bamboo Connect. It lacks many of those good-for-nothing features such as an eraser ( I'd rather press E than turn the pen around ) and extra buttons (which can be replaced with keyboard shortcuts ) and is capable of quite some amazing feats. (I.E accuracy, pressure levels ). If you want to pay extra to have some press-able squares on your tablet, go for a pricier model.

P.S: I really do not care about the software bundles that come with the tablet as I had no use for them, but if you think you might need those, do some research before buying the tablet. The more expensive ones obviously come packed with better software.
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner May 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wacom Bamboo is good if you're starting out. They're the cheapest of the Wacom brands and they last a long time if you keep the drivers up to date.
:icongravcat:
GravCat Featured By Owner May 18, 2012
Yep. I got my Wacom Bamboo last Christmas and it's awesome. Comes with AutoDesk Express 2011, too. Of course, I'm not very good at drawing, because I'm still beginning.
Add a Comment: