March 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Paint Tool Sai Won't Copy/Paste?

:iconnemu-saa:
Nemu-Saa Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey guys!
Iíve been screen-toning a picture on Sai by pasting tones on my canvas. It was working fine, then all of sudden, every time I pressed ctrl-V, it simply added a blank layer, but the not the content Iíd copied.
Weird thing is, it only seems to do it on this one canvas. If I copy/paste content from my main project canvas onto to the tone canvas instead, it works fine. :O

Iíve tried:
- using both copy and paste from the ďeditĒ menu
- closing Sai and re-opening it
- restarting my computer
- copying content from my main project canvas and pasting it back again (nothing)

I should also mention that Iím not using a trial version of Sai, and that this has happened before but was fixed after restarting the program.

Any idea what to do about this? :shrug:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbeavisjr:
Beavisjr Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2012
Hmm, well have you used all the select tools, go to edit, then paste?
also the image might be very small, so it would move into the left top corner. what type of picture are you trying to use for it?
Thanks for responding! I tried the cell-shading select tool, which worked to copy/paste on the canvas itself, but still wouldn't copy from a different canvas. The image I'm copying is actually a bit larger than the canvas I'm working on; it's a screentone jpeg saved off of Manga Studio. I was copying pieces of it and pasting them over my outline to tone a comic. I also tried copying and pasting into a selection, to make sure it wasn't pasting somwhere off the canvas, and used the "move" conrtol to drag the blank layer back and forth, but it stayed blank. :shrug:
Well, do to it being a different program, post it in your scrapbook here on deviant art, i believe you do not have to use key words on those their just and option so it will be easy to post, make it big if you can, if your using google chrome right click and copy image, if IE right click and copy, paste it into Sai that way. if still no sorry D:
I exported the project and finished on Photoshop. Since it was only happening on that one canvas, it may not come up again. Thanks for the advice! :aww:
awh okay D:
*ignore the part about edit and paste >.<
:icontekkoontan:
tekkoontan Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i been using SAI for ages, maybe theres nothing shown on the new layer is because you did not actually selected anything from that layer. try flatten everything, then select and paste again.
Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that. The canvas I'm copying from is flat (also tried copying from other flat canvases and closing and re-opening the one I was using). :/
:icontekkoontan:
tekkoontan Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hmmm, i cant think of any other reasons why you can do that. sorry , cant help much here. you can try google about how to fix that, goodluck :3
No prob! Thanks for trying. :)
Add a Comment: